Re: bootrapping emacs on cygwin 5.19 with x-windows.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bootrapping emacs on cygwin 5.19 with x-windows.
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:01:09 +0300

> From: "djh" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:42:47 +0900
>
> /bin/sh: line 1:  4064 Terminated
> EMACSLOADPATH=/cygdrive/c/emacs/cvs/emacs/lisp ../src/bootstrap-emacs.exe
> -batch --no-site-file --multibyte -f batch-byte-compile-if-not-done $el
> make[2]: *** [compile] Error 1

Sounds like a crash, either in bootstrap-emacs or in the shell.  Can
you run this command under GDB and see which program crashes and
where?

> In this case I have no idea of what the error message is telling me.

I think it tells you that a process whose PID was 4064 was terminated
(i.e. a SIGTERM signal was delivered to it).

Perhaps posting this to the Cygwin mailing list will bring more
information.

P.S. Please keep the emacs-devel mailing list in the list of
addressees.  I'm not the only one who can help and come up with ideas.