Re: play-sound-file & esd

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: play-sound-file & esd
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:36:56 +0200

Romain Francoise wrote:
"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

I've checked in alsa support in sound.c.  The code first tries alsa
and if that fails, the old vox driver is used.

On which hardware did you test it?

All I got, which is some older Soundblasters and some AC97:s.
On my main machine (Intel i810 chipset, Linux I get:

| play-sound: Unable to get buffer size for playback: Invalid argument

On another machine (SB Live!, Linux 2.4.22), I get:

| play-sound: Unable to get period size for playback: Invalid argument

In both cases using libasound2 version 1.0.11; in both cases playing
sounds with ``alsaplayer -o alsa'' works.

Can you send me the sound file and the output from aplay -v <file>?

   Jan D.