Re: Cleaning up NEWS, ONEWS, ... files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Cleaning up NEWS, ONEWS, ... files
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:40:42 -0400

    I suggest (and will do the work if accepted) that we reorganize
    the NEWS files so that

    NEWS is about the current release, i.e. 22.x

    NEWS.21 is about emacs 21.x  (split from current NEWS)

    NEWS.20 is about emacs 20.x  (split from current NEWS)

Ok, please do.

    BTW, if already visiting a NEWS file, using C-h C-n could
    automatically take you to an older or newer NEWS file, depending
    on whether you are in the top or bottom half of the NEWS file.

I don't like that feature; please don't.