Re: delete-process bug

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: delete-process bug
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:05:55 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> address@hidden (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:
>

>> Oh, and BTW, why is the wait_for_termination function not provided to
>> the user?
>
> Why?
>
> I think you can use accept-process-output in a loop to wait for the
> death of a specific process.

Oh, well, just that the code in ispell I propose to change used is
following:

          (process-send-eof ispell-process)
          (if (eq (ispell-process-status) 'run)
              (ispell-accept-output 1))
          (if (eq (ispell-process-status) 'run)
              (kill-process ispell-process))
          (while (not (or (eq (ispell-process-status) 'exit)
                          (eq (ispell-process-status) 'signal)))
            (sleep-for 0.25)))

ispell-accept-output just being a wrapper around
accept-process-output. It used a timeout of 1 sec, but `process' was
bound in accept-process-output. However, as `process' is bound, ...

« Non-nil arg process means do not return until some output has been
  received from process. »

So, was the timeout useful or at least meaningful in that case?

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |  Would someone please DTRT with this,  |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007   |        then ACK?                       |