Re: Here is the error messages for bootstraping CVS Emacs using cygwin m

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Here is the error messages for bootstraping CVS Emacs using cygwin make.
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 11:18:29 +0300

> Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 20:42:57 -0700
> From: "Steven Wu" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> "../nt/oo-spd/i386/addsection" "oo-spd/i386/temacs.bin" "oo-spd/i386/
> temacs.exe" EMHEAP 16
> '..' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

Thanks.  This is the same error that Eric reports on his Web page.

If my analysis of that error is correct, this is a bug in the Cygwin
port of Make.  Maybe someone could step with GDB into the Cygwin Make
to see if my guess is really correct.

> The problem is that cmd doesn't follow the path when executing
> commands like ../nt/...

That's not really true, as I wrote.  Try typing such a command from
the command prompt window (make sure you enclose the command in double
quotes), and you will see that cmd has no problems running it.  Only
if you invoke the command via "cmd /c", you will see the error.

Anyway, thanks for digging into this.