Re: address@hidden: pyhon mode indentation problem]

From: joakim
Subject: Re: address@hidden: pyhon mode indentation problem]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:20:15 +0200

Slawomir Nowaczyk <address@hidden> writes:

I posted some more info on this on "bugs" list.

Short recap:
- It doesnt work for me like it does for you, but it did, in an older
emacs

- I can solve this problem with this redefinition:

(defun python-skip-comments/blanks (&optional backward)
  "Skip comments and blank lines.
BACKWARD non-nil means go backwards, otherwise go forwards.  Backslash is
treated as whitespace so that continued blank lines are skipped.
Doesn't move out of comments -- should be outside or at end of line."
  (with-syntax-table python-space-backslash-table
    (forward-comment (if backward
                         ;(+ most-negative-fixnum 1000)
                         -10000000
                       most-positive-fixnum))))
(only change is the large negative value, not quite as large as
most-negative-fixnum)
so, it seems like a bug in "forward-comment", at least here, in my setup.

--
Joakim Verona
http://www.verona.se