A serious bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: A serious bug
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 19:22:53 -0400

I put this bug into FOR-RELEASE a few weeks ago, after investigating
it and discovering that it is a real and serious problem.  I am not
sure how to fix it.  Would someone please figure out a good fix?

** text_property_stickiness can be called with a POS value that is before BEGV.

text_property_stickiness is called from get_pos_property,
which is called from find_field, which is called from
various user-level functions in editfns.c.