Re: Bug in Custom

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Bug in Custom
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:32:09 -0400

> I reported this bug a month and a half ago, but it is still present.
> When I first reported it, the person who introduced the bug did
> apparently not even read my explanations and declared the bug to be a
> "feature".  In the interest of Custom users, it would be good if
> somebody else (Richard?) tried to understand my arguments of why this
> really is a bug.

As I explained before, it was Richard who, some time last year,
decided that disabling Custom themes will bring back old values set
outside of Customize; maybe you missed this explanation (or maybe you
did not even read it).

I am fine with getting rid of the `changed' theme, if Richard decides
to revert his earlier decision.  I can try to find the discussion if
it's of interest.