Re: Hi, I'm back! + Re: Strange eval-after-load

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Hi, I'm back! + Re: Strange eval-after-load
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 18:30:55 -0400

    > Starting immediately, please do NOT install calls to eval-after-load
    > in Emacs without asking for my specific approval.

    I would beg you not to be so dogmatic.

This rule is the only way to get control over the situation.

      For example, in
    cc-defs.el, we have:

        ;; Make edebug understand the macros.
        (eval-after-load "edebug"
          '(progn
               (def-edebug-spec cc-eval-when-compile t)
               (def-edebug-spec c-point t)

Isn't there now a defun feature for doing this?