Re: Strange eval-after-load

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Strange eval-after-load
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 19:21:15 -0400

    I think people will either just quietly commit
    eval-after-loads, or they'll write clumsy abstruse workarounds.

If people try to sneak them in, I will do something about them.

The "clumsy workarounds" might actually be superior, for maintenance
purposes.  That's the reason for this policy: so people will take the
trouble to use those "clumsy" workarounds, instead of taking the
inferior lazy way out.