address@hidden: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link in dired surprising]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link in dired surprising]
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:55:21 -0400

Bagley argues that the file names in dired should be highlighted as links
so as to avoid surprise.

What do others think?

To: address@hidden
From: Doug Bagley <address@hidden>
Date: Mon,  3 Jul 2006 16:02:38 -0500 (CDT)

> You could try editing the code in Dired to highlight all the file names.
> Does that help you, do you find?

Yes, somewhat. I did a quick experiment of overriding
dired-insert-set-properties to have it set a font-lock-face. It's too
inelegant for a real solution, but I did like the additional visual
information indicting that the filenames were links.

- -Doug