Re: locals.texi

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: locals.texi
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:33:01 +1200

Richard Stallman writes:
 >     > 1. It is always cleaner to use separate calls to make-local-variable
 >     >    and setq.
 >
 >     That's not true.  *You* may always find it cleaner, but it's far from
 >     a general truth.
 >
 > I think that separate calls are always cleaner.
 > You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

I guess if the make-local-variable and setq get separated then it might
not be immediately obvious that the variable is buffer-local.

However, my original question was that with a variable like
font-lock-defaults, that automatically becomes buffer-local in each buffer, I
presumably don't need to use make-local-variable at all?