Re: Russian letters

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: Russian letters
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 21:17:24 +0300

Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > The file is UTF-8 and mentions its coding in `Local variables'.  Again,
> > the file is read just fine.  The problems begin when I type new
> > characters into the buffer: they are treated differently than the same
> > characters read from the file.
>
> I can't reproduce that here.  Whenever I read a file with russian letters
> that is encoded in utf-8 the letters are decoded into
> mule-unicode-0100-24ff.

I said many times that the problems begin when I _type_ characters, not
when they are read from file.  They end up being different characters, at
least in the sence that `describe-char' shows different things.  I presume
that new characters are still valid, but they are shown as boxes (no font
support, aparently), while read characters are shown just fine.

Paul