Re: general-purpose.el - a general-forms-resource-utility

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: general-purpose.el - a general-forms-resource-utility
Date: 07 Jul 2006 12:04:49 -0400

Andreas Roehler <address@hidden> writes:

> If we agree that scattered general-purpose-functions
> exist, one of the interesting questions is: Why?

writing code can be fun for its own sake.  often people take this joy
and it fills them enough so that other joys become uninteresting to
pursue.  emacs can accomodate these redundancies and slowly over time
unify them as their frequency passes the threshold of someone else's
joy-driven needs, and thus is a live example of pluralistic freedom.

personally, i think re-organizing things as mostly uninteresting.
however, a program that would do the re-organizing i'd read w/ pleasure.

thi