Re: Proposed change to greek-ibycus4 input-method

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Proposed change to greek-ibycus4 input-method
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 02:16:59 +0200

Peter Heslin <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>> This is in contrast to Αἰ or Ἀϊ which are actually different
>> character combinations.
> Yes, thank you -- that is exactly what I should have said, for it's
> the best argument of all.  In an Ibycus TeX file, Αἰ is written as
> Ai) but when you type Ai) using the greek-ibycus4 input-method, what
> you currently get is ᾼ᾿ -- which is very wrong.

> In fact, my awareness of this problem arose out of writing and using
> the conversion code you are referring to.  This change will not
> affect the translation of existing Ibycus text, except to fix the
> class of bug described above.

I can't find a copyright assignment on file for you.  This change,
however, is a purely mechanical one without creative content of its
own.  I'll just recreate it manually and you can check afterwards, if
you want to, whether the diffs agree.  I should be surprised if not.
I have no idea whether you expect to contribute to Emacs in future.
If yes, it might be a good idea to ask for a copyright assignment form
for work on Emacs.

At the moment, there are probably not many people with an assignment
on file who would be dabbling with Polytoniko Greek input methods.