Re: 100% CPU on TCP servers (on Windoze).

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: 100% CPU on TCP servers (on Windoze).
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 02:50:42 +0200

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 7/15/06, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> You can use (featurep 'make-network-process '(:family local)) to see
>> if unix sockets are available -- use them if available,
>
> Wouldn't that preclude using emacsclient from a Windows machine to
> connect to an Emacs running on GNU/Linux?

Yes, but for now I would be more than satisfied if we can just make it
work on the local system only -- that is what we have on GNU/Linux, so
Windows doesn't have to be more than that.  And doing more is opening
a can of worms,

> Many issues were already discussed in this (admittedly long) thread
> from a year ago:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-07/msg00913.html
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-08/msg00140.html

I looked through those messages, and I don't see anything which
suggests that cross-system connections are to be considered at this
time.

Give it another shot (keeping AF_UNIX as primary choice, and using a
standard file name for the _local_ server file) and see what you can do.