Re: font-lock and shell scripts: Raises redisplay errors in highlight pa

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: font-lock and shell scripts: Raises redisplay errors in highlight pattern:
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 02:25:08 -0400

    I would not make a general change to emacs for this.

    For Emacspeak I'd like to have some mechanism that I can hook to
    reliably --- perhaps an unhandled-error-hook-function that I can
    latch some speech output to.

That IS a general change to Emacs.  (That is not a criticism.  We
often make general changes in Emacs.)

Would a hook in cmd_error in keyboard.c do what you have in mind?