Re: Info tutorial is out of date

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Info tutorial is out of date
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:13:59 -0500

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> Jay Belanger wrote:
>>> Save the teaching of why it's better to learn to use the keyboard
>>> for later.
>>>

>> When it will be too late for many.  If indeed it is better to use the
>> keyboard (and I think it is), it seems a bad idea to begin by teaching
>> bad habits, however easy these habits may be.
>>
> I too think that the keyboard is better, but in my mind is right now a
> song with an awful text:
>
> "If you want to teach them they can't learn then make sure they have to
> learn a lot of details at once."
>
> I am sure someone has some better text for this! ;-)

Is that an actual song?  I like it.  What is the name of it?  I'm sure
most people agree with the sentiment, too.
But what little at a time is being taught, should be taught correctly.
If the consensus is that using the mouse is the right way, fine; but I
disagree with the idea of letting bad habits form and overcoming them
later.

Jay