Re: Info tutorial is out of date

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Info tutorial is out of date
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 00:16:46 +0200

> Newbies are overwhelmingly used to using a mouse. Let them do that while
> they get the basics of Info.

Once they're used to it, they're less likely to change.

If the main point is to teach new users how to use Info and Emacs
through it, I think we should concentrate on doing that in the way
that we think is easiest for *them*, not us. I am willing to "risk"
(what harm would it do, really?) that a user continues to use the
mouse, as long as he continues to use Emacs. They might later learn
how to do the same things using the keyboard and maybe that change if
they like that better.