Re: Info tutorial is out of date

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Info tutorial is out of date
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:06:39 -0400

                      My point is this: first things first. If I don't
                  understand what Info is all about, why would I go through
                  the effort of learning and practicing its key bindings?

        Isn't it obvious to everyone what Info is all about?  It's all about
        browsing documentation files.

    What's an Info file?

    Info is about finding information in a manual. The most important things to
    teach are the structure of the manual and how to find info in it. This

We are failing to communicate, because this isn't "what Info is all about".
What Info is all about is browsing documentation.
What you're talking about here are details of how one does that.