Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space

From: David Hansen
Subject: Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:37:50 +0200

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:06:00 +0200 Mathias Dahl wrote:

>> After a `cvs update' on Sunday morning, I got the same thing. I increased
>> the amount of memory (by 605500 bytes) allocated in `src/puresize.h' and
>> did `make clean; make bootstrap' and everything was fine.
>
> Thanks, I will try that.
>
> Is this something I need to do each time I compile Emacs or will it be
> taken care of centrally? I am quite lost when it comes to compiling
> programs besides the normal "./configure; make; make install".

As long as a cvs up doesn't indicate any conflicts (afaik
via a 'C' at the beginning of the updating message) your
change to puresize.h is successfully merged.

If there is a conflict it's very likely someone changed
exactly the line you changed.  Either resolve it manually or
simply delete puresize.h and check it out again (and hope
this change fixed your problem).

David