Re: minibuffer prev/next bindings in calc "algebraic-entry" mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: minibuffer prev/next bindings in calc "algebraic-entry" mode
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:20:31 +0900

Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:
> In numeric entry mode, `p' is used to enter `+/-', which is probably
> why `M-p' was chosen for algebraic entry.  How about using `C-p' for
> entering `+/-' in algebraic mode, then?

I don't think that's a good idea -- the standard binding for C-p is
useful even in minibuffers.  I often enter multi-line expressions by
hitting ', pasting a big string from some other location and editing it
(e.g., I can enter vectors from my C app by pasting from gdb and
replacing the gdb goop with calc goop) before hitting RET.

-miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."