Re: Canceling dialogues

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Canceling dialogues
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:08:39 -0400

    > Normally you can type C-g in the Emacs window to quit out ofthe
    > dialog.  (I don't know whether this works on Windows.)

    It doesn't, currently.  I will try to look into it when I have time.

This seems to be a bug on whatever platform you are using.

    > Nonetheless, adding "Quit" as an alternative would not be a bad
    > thing -- for all platforms.
    >
    > Would someone like to do that?

    Do we really want to add such new features at this time?

It would be a workaround for a bug.
If it is the right thing to do, we can do it.

We are waiting for people to fix the bugs listed in FOR-RELEASE.