Re: Canceling dialogues

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Canceling dialogues
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:20:32 -0400

    The safety of fixing it depends on what the fix is.  Based on my
    knowledge of the intricacies of handling events that happen while
    certain widgets belonging to the toolkit are active, I'm guessing that
    the fix will not be simple; any non-trivial change in this area runs a
    high risk of breaking something UI-related (we had examples of this
    just a few days ago, with Emacs frame positioning on Windows).

Indeed, if the fix is risky, we do not want to install it now.
People can writing the fix, and then we will see if it is safe.