RE: Graphical Kill node in Emacs manual

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Graphical Kill node in Emacs manual
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 13:05:29 -0700

    I have no opinion on the rest of your email...

    #> Also, in any explanation of Delete Selection mode, we should
    #> mention that this involves killing, not deleting, in spite
    #> of the name.  That is, you can yank back the "deleted" text.
    #> This is not obvious, IMO.

    This doesn't work for me... When I type, the selected region does get
    deleted, as the mode name suggests, not killed.

Glad you checked this. You're right.

I was checking by selecting the region with the mouse, and I have
`mouse-drag-copy-region' = t (the default value). So, in fact, it was the mouse
drag that was copying to the kill ring. Sorry for the misinformation.