Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:10:48 -0400

> From: Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:22:48 +0200
> What does `display-mm-width' and `display-mm-height' return in _your_
> case with the patch applied?

I didn't apply it, since the current code returns very accurate
results.  I can try later, but I'm traveling now, so it won't be for
another week or so.

Btw, on a laptop I use to type this, running Windows XP SP1, both
functions return nil (meaning the information is unavailable).  What
is the possible reasons for this, and would your suggested change fix

> I could do the next upload of a precompiled Emacs to alpha.gnu.org
> with the patch applied and ask people to compare output of that
> version with the prior one.

It's a good idea, but perhaps make a binary with both versions (under
slightly different names) to make such testing easier.