Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike e

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike emacs 21
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:03:00 +0200

>       with this bug, however, it's hard to
>     tell whether or not the cursor is in the window or another.
>
> I see why this is a problem.
>
> So I suppose that anything which makes the cursor visible
> would solve the problem.  Right?

I don't know why Ken has chosen not to reply on the list, but he told
me in private that he has disabled cursor blinking (or rather, lets it
commence only after 30 seconds).

Of course, the blinking will make a very visible difference for the
default settings.  So our worry is just for people who have tampered
with the defaults.

His proposal to use transparency is not really useful except for
special cases since
a) images are not always the size of his small icons, and so could be
vastly more obnoxious when blinking
b) images don't all have transparency.

Different ways to do this:

a) offer to make the cursor border on selected frames thicker

b) offer to use a different cursor color for selected frames