Re: bug in 22.0.50.1 ?? no rmailgen.el

From: ken
Subject: Re: bug in 22.0.50.1 ?? no rmailgen.el
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:52:41 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:25:11 -0400
>> From: ken <address@hidden>

>>> Where did that ~/.gnu-emacs file come from, and why does it try to
>>> look for rmailgen?

>>> Sorry, I cannot figure out what you meant here.
>> You seem to be saying that ~/.gnu-emacs is not part of the install of
>> the CVS version in question, yes?
>
> Of course it isn't.  Can you find out what or who produced that file
> on your system?

My best and most dispassionate estimation is that it was put there when
the account was created-- it is a standard file in /etc/skel/-- and/or a
file of exactly the same name and contents was put there by the CVS
emacs itself upon installation.  I'm going to guess you don't believe it
was the latter.