Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike e

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike emacs 21
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:12:05 -0400

On 8/29/06, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
"Ken Manheimer" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 8/28/06, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > E.g. try to put the box cursor on this image:
>> >
>> > (insert-image (create-image (make-string 8 0)
>> >                           'xbm t :width 8 :height 8
>> >                           :background "grey75"
>> >                           :foreground "black"
>> >                           :relief -2
>> >                           :margin 0
>> >                           :ascent 'center))

>> > The box cursor is not visible.
>>
>> But there is still a visible difference when the cursor is on the image.
>
> to which juri responded:
>
> < I see no visible difference.  Kim?
>
> i also see no visible difference when i do or don't put the cursor on
> the image - certainly no sign of the cursor, when it's there.  (was
> the corners heuristic defeated by this particular image?)

I don't think it is applied unless one uses the :heuristik-mask
property or its equivalent.

looks like that's the interface i was missing, for controlling how the
cursor is displayed when on an image.  the info for it even mentions
that the default heuristic is to assume the background color is the
one that occurs most frequently in the images four corners.

--
ken
address@hidden