Re: Links in WoMan buffer should not call `man'

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Links in WoMan buffer should not call `man'
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 01:48:19 +0300

>>     BTW, I have the desire to marry man and woman so they would share the
>>     common history.  Is this a good idea?
>>
>> It isn't necessary for them to get married; they just have to
>> interchange internal information between their bodies ;-).
>>
>> I think this is a bug fix.  Please make it happen.
>
> If mean to unite man.el with woman.el, please consult the woman.el
> maintainer before you do.  He might have something to say about that.

We could leave woman unaware about this change by changing her defvar
to (defvaralias 'woman-topic-history 'man-topic-history), where
man-topic-history could be declared in man.el as
(defvar Man-topic-history nil "Topic read history."),
i.e. let woman to be based on part of man.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/