Re: Security flaw in pgg-gpg-process-region?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Security flaw in pgg-gpg-process-region?
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 04:49:56 -0400

    Anyway, I fixed it in Gnus CVS so that passphrases are encoded with
    locale-coding-system.  I'm not sure if we should add a new user option
    to control the encoding.

locale-coding-system exists to tell Emacs how to decode some system
messages which are encoded (outside Emacs) in the current locale.  It
seems to be wrong for this use.  Do you see some reason to think it is
right?

If you see a reason, please explain it to me.  Otherwise, please make
a new option for this.

And then we should install this in Emacs.