Re: line-move-partial too costly ?

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: line-move-partial too costly ?
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:23:39 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> address@hidden (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:
>
>> Since the creation of line-move-partial, going to the next few lines
>> has become a P*TA.
>
>> Is there any solution ?
>
> I installed a small optimization -- pls try again.
>
> You could set redisplay-dont-pause to t.

AFAICT, it doesn't fix my problem. I recompiled Emacs with -O3, and
the problem remains, setting redisplay-dont-pause didn't help.

Maybe the feature provided by line-move-partial can be optional?

--
/!\ My mail address changed, please update your files accordingly.
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |  Mieux vaut se taire                   |