Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin (Mystery!)

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin (Mystery!)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 00:41:25 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi Eli,

after my last replay
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-09/msg00829.html) I
have deleted the Emacs build directory, re-unpacked the same CVS source (I
make a tar.bz2 after every cvs download) and newly:

   ./configure
   make bootstrap

and this time the build has (mysteriously) passed the critical point until
the end !

But the build is unstable: after a few second Emacs segment fault.

Now I have updated from CVS and a new build is running. For the moment I
can't try your last suggestions.

Regarding the Cygwin downgrade, I remeber that also with previous version
of Cygwin and snapshot there were similar problem.

Only with the CVS source Aug 15 ans Sep 04 I was able to complete the
build and they works.

Cheers,

   Angelo.