Emacs-Lisp-Workshop

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: Emacs-Lisp-Workshop
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:32:16 +0200

Hi everybody,

I miss a group, where Emacs-Lisp solutions may
be discussed.

Such a group could be named Emacs-Workshop, as Emacs is
better known than Emacs-Lisp; however
Emacs-Lisp-Workshop would address the intention.

The existing groups are fine. But there is an aspect of
Emacs/Emacs-Lisp which is not dealed with as such.

The help groups are centered around user questions as
any other help groups too. Emacs-devel deals with an
upcoming architecture. Still the bug-groups.

Not covered is, what I conceive as special with
Emacs/Emacs-Lisp, what's really exiting: it's
capabilities as a workbench in a wide sense, not just
for writing programs. Most profitable I experienced
Emacs in combination with self-made tiny tools the kind
bash-scripts are. Also as a crossing point or glue of
several existing scripts.

At the other side: It's still difficult enough to design
the needed tools. Quite often it works somehow but
could be better written. Or I could reach my goal
faster.

As it concerns mostly limited tasks, to collect
and introduce these utils into the Emacs-Distribution
mostly would not be worthwhile.

What about to have some place to exchange views around
that kind of tools.

Thanks

__
Andreas Roehler