`delete-horizontal-space' again

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: `delete-horizontal-space' again
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:28:29 -0700 (PDT)

A little over two years ago I proposed a mostly-compatible extension to
`delete-horizontal-space' to allow it to delete in either direction (or
both), and to accept a prefix argument to control this.  Richard said I
needed papers for it, which I finally got into proper order about two
months ago.  At the time, I believe (or at least I believe I believed
then) that a 21.4 release was imminent, but the change seemed to be
acceptable anyway (up to papers); as such, let me remind everyone of it:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-09/msg00522.html.  It
may run afoul of this feature freeze as well; if so, that's fine (even if
it's really bad timing!).

The patch there is slightly odd, and may be sufficiently odd and/or old as
to break; if so, I can probably make another one (with the better source
setup I have now).

Davis

shipping.