Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:18:18 +0200 (MET DST)

The builds with GCC-3.4.4-2 segment faults regardless if they are
bootstrapped or with the method schetched below.

The last useful build with GCC-3.4.4-2 is with CVS dated 20060906 13:50.
After this time and until 20060920 06:55 the build fails.

Then from 20060920 06:57 the build is fine but Emacs segment faults.

(I used the hybrid method because on GNU/Linux the build takes about 0.5
hours while on Cygwin it takes about 2.5 - 3.0 hours, so with this
'hybrid' build I have cutted the times).

I have examined the *.elc file, those produced on GNU/Linux and on Cygwin.

There are a few of them (e.g button.elc) that Crimson editor indicates as
in DOS format (those produced on GNU/Linux too), but when loaded with
Emacs I see only -=:-- and not (DOS).

In any case the only differences, I found, are the compile time, name of
machine, building dir. When stripped of these things they, on GNU/Linux
and Cygwin, have the same size.

   Angelo.