Re: unicode-2 branch segfaulting on MacOS X?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: unicode-2 branch segfaulting on MacOS X?
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:38:36 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Geoffrey Alan Washburn <address@hidden> writes:

> > It seems that the stack (or the symbol table is) is
> > completely broken.  Please rebuild emacs with this:
> > % make CFLAGS=-g clean all
> > and check if Emacs segfaults at the same place or not.

>       Thanks.  Same place, but slightly different results.

Thank you.  Now the result is meaningful.

> $4 = {66909105, 66836681, 58898315}
> (gdb) p styles[i]
> $5 = 58898315
> (gdb) xtype
> Lisp_String
> (gdb) pp styles[i]
> ""

Hmmm, this means that your "bitstream vera sans mono" font
doesn't have FC_WIDTH property.  Very strange.  What does
this command return?

% fc-list 'bitstream vera sans mon' width

Anyway, I've just installed a workaround for such a case.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden