suggestions for outline mode

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: suggestions for outline mode
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:58:36 +0200 (CEST)

While reading the NEWS file of emacs, I found some properties of
outline mode missing.  Here my suggestions.

  . If a heading has no children, make C-c TAB behave identical to C-c
    C-s, this is, show the entry directly instead of doing nothing.

  . After pressing C-c TAB to show the children, then moving down to
    inspect the various item lines (without actually opening them) I
    think it would be useful to make C-c C-d the same as C-c C-u C-c
    C-d, this is, to implicitly jump up to the parent entry so that
    the tree gets closed.  This saves two keystrokes and binds a
    useful meaning to a key which is a no-op otherwise.

      Werner