Re: Emacs and GFortran

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Emacs and GFortran
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 02:08:17 +0100 (CET)

I really do not wish to partake in this anymore, but I cannot let this
slide.

   Should gfortran conform to the GNU standards? Preferably yes.  But
   if no developer (volunteer!) cares to make it so, tough luck but it
   is not going to happen.

I volunteered.  And now you are calling me of all people hostile and
on top of that ignorant? The fix in question is so trivial that it
takes more time to read your message than actually fixing it!  Steve
Kargl might have not been very cooperative, but at least he was not
rude, you on the other hand have gone beyond all possible boundaries.

The only person who should be ashamed is you who are accusing
volunteers of hostility and ignorance, I will not report this to the
GCC SC at this time since I have really better things to do, maybe RMS
who reads emacs-devel@ will act on such rude, disrespectful and
arrogant behaviour from those in-charge of gfortran.  It is no wonder
why gfortran has so few volunteer when they try to chase away anyone
who tries to contribute anything to the project.