Re: Fwd: vc-svn.el and "the underscore hack"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Fwd: vc-svn.el and "the underscore hack"
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 14:23:35 -0500

[I sent this message a week ago but did not get a response.
Could we get the discussion moving again?

Is this fixed already?]

    As mentioned elsewhere the ".foo -> _foo" transformation is not specific to
    Subversion and/or Emacs, so I think we should not handle it specially in
    vc-svn.el but instead in a more generic way, maybe directly in the C code or
    at least by providing a function that handles it.

That might be desirable in the long term, but we would have to think
about it.  Right now what we want is to fix problems with localized
changes.

Can you fix this in vc-svn.el?