Re: address@hidden: Build failure under Suse 10.0]

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Build failure under Suse 10.0]
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:51:33 +0100

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> You have in /usr/local/include/gif_lib.h:
> typedef struct {
>     int ByteCount;
>     char *Bytes;
> } ExtensionBlock;
> i.e. no Function member.  It may be a stray file from some older
> version. Please make sure it is the correct header file, in your

Indeed, that's the problem. I have searched via locate for gif_lib.h but
it didn't return this file as /usr/local is a remote NFS share which
isn't indexed.

The file /usr/local/include/gif_lib.h is a relict from an ancient libgif
(3.0), /usr/include/gif_lib.h is the correct one so the error is a
problem on my side and the bug can be considered closed.

Perhaps it's possible to enhance the configure test for libgif to check
if the installed libgif fulfills emacs requirements.

Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough
space to spread a tremendous amount of information with your messages. So seize
this opportunity and don't waste your signature with bullshit nobody will read.