Re: Pretest

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 07:48:53 +0900

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>> The time to branch would be just before the emacs-unicode-2 branch is merged
>> to the trunk. I'd expect this to happen shortly after the release.
>
> Doesn't the emacs-unicode-2 branch sync with the trunk.  If that's the case,
> won't emacs-unicode-2 just become the new trunk?

That's not how CVS works though, CVS has a distinguished trunk.
To make emacs-unicode-2 the trunk we have to merge it to the existing
trunk -- of course this should be almost trivial because conflicts are
resolved regularly these days.

-Miles

--
The car has become... an article of dress without which we feel uncertain,
unclad, and incomplete.  [Marshall McLuhan, Understanding Media, 1964]