Re: CVS commits and logs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: CVS commits and logs
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:51:08 +0900

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>> (CVS spits out lists of tags at times, e.g. if you do "cvs log", and
>> if there are 10,000 almost identical tags ...).
>
> Adding "log -N" to .cvsrc avoids that.

Yeah, but still it's somewhat annoying to have a bazillion tags.
E.g. sometimes I _want_ to see what tags there are, and having to deal
with filtering out a bunch of "uninteresting" tags is a bit of a bother.
Also they clog up tag menus in various CVS web interfaces.

-Miles

--
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're
just making him madder and madder." -- Homer Simpson