Re: Discussion of the following change?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Discussion of the following change?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:02:05 +0100

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 11/13/06, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Could somebody give me a message id where it had been discussed?
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-11/msg00529.html
>
> which point to this 1+ year old thread:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-05/msg00547.html

Thanks.  From the title of the thread, I probably thought the patch to
be platform-specific, but it does look like it could affect operation
in general.

So Yamamoto Mitsuharu's request "Could someone take a look at the
following src/alloc.c part of the LP64 support on Mac OS X 10.4 + G5
by Nozomu Ando?" from the newer of the above messages sounds, uh,
quite desirable.

Has the followup question from Andreas Schwab been addressed?