Re: emacsclientw

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: emacsclientw
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:08:29 +0100

On 11/13/06, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

I consider `server-start' as a left over from the past.

Well, as I've said, `server-mode-hook' is useful.

One way is to not wait: let this Emacs server handle the request
immediately, without going through emacsclient/server.  The server is only
started as a convenience for subsequent uses of emacsclient.

And what if emacsclient was run from a tool that needs to wait for
Emacs (i.e., the user) to do something to the file and send it back?

                   /L/e/k/t/u