Re: Patch: Syntax and Hard Newlines

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: Patch: Syntax and Hard Newlines
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:19:12 +0800

I think if it's a bug, the bug is in longlines.el since it is longlines
which decides that soft-newlines are basically "display only artifacts".

In fact, I wanted to adjust longlines' code by setting the `face'
property to `font-lock-comment-face' for some words.  However,
I found that the properties are cleared and reset.  And then I
traced into `parse-partial-sexp', then `scan_sexps_forward',
then `forw_comment'.

And the patch did fix the problem.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu