Re: Patch to allow -nw to runemacs on w32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Patch to allow -nw to runemacs on w32
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:29:45 +0100

On 11/15/06, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

No you did not. I just wanted to say it seems to be something in my
startup files.

Ah. Either you were less than clear, or I was less than crisp.

Oh, I did not read that. But what it does from a user perspective is to
create a new visible window running Emacs.

Untrue. Emacs (without runemacs) *already* creates a visible window in
which it runs. It also creates an empty console window. With runemacs,
this additional windows isn't there. So, from a user's POV, runemacs
hides an annoying window.

Yes, that is right. But it is quite normal for the options to come
first. See for example grep:

     Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE] ...

Do you mean that in

 emacs --no-site-file -nw

"--no-site-file" is NOT an option?

I think most users will put the options first even if emacs does not
require it.

I don't think so. Not unless you document it (and even so).

I believe that is a surprisingly simple, net and right solution to
something.

I disagree.

                   /L/e/k/t/u