Re: Pretest

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 15:19:17 +0100

On 11/19/06, Nick Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm not telling people what to do, or demanding anything.  I'm just saying that
I don't it is appropriate to delay things for further improvements to
emacsclient on Windows.  If you're going to sum up, at least do it accurately.

Well, if you're going to propose something, you should try to be
accurate too. Reading the relevant threads (or even reading this one
with a bit of attention to details) should suffice.

emacsclient's TCP support is working, and there are no issues.
Removing it now would be absurd.

Lennart is *proposing* changes that would allow emacsclient to
automatically start Emacs if it is not running already. Did you read
"Windows" in the previous sentence? I bet you didn't, because it *was
not* here. What Lennart's trying to do is not Windows-specific.
Whether it is too late to include it or not is another matter
altogether, but that can be discussed without the need to remove
working code.

                   /L/e/k/t/u