Re: Mac OS X, 22.0.91, configure without --enable-carbon-app

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Mac OS X, 22.0.91, configure without --enable-carbon-app
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:31:33 +0900

> Let me give my expectations in order of priority:

> a) When I compile Emacs on Mac OS X using the defaults, I expect to
>    get an Emacs according to the customs of that OS.  That means I
>    expect that "make install" puts an Emacs.app into /Applications.  I
>    would think this also is the expectation of other users, especially
>    those that do not have prior experience in Unix.

This breaks the following message shown by ./configure --help.

    By default, `make install' will install all the files in
    `/usr/local/bin', `/usr/local/lib' etc.  You can specify
    an installation prefix other than `/usr/local' using `--prefix',
    for instance `--prefix=$HOME'.

This originally comes from /usr/share/autoconf/autoconf/general.m4.

Anyway, according to ChangeLog, --enable-carbon-app was added by
Steven Tamm.  He is also the current maintainer of the Mac Carbon port
and the author of mac/make-package.  So I think he is the best person
to ask.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden