Re: Incorrect declarations of thread functions on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Incorrect declarations of thread functions on w32
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:16:04 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman wrote:
Which thread functions are you talking about?

The function arguments to CreateThread.

Please, if you're going to report a bug, give us the details you found, don't expect other people to go chasing after some vague detail like this.

I thought I had given enough information when saying this. In the message before I told how the declaration should look according to MS. w32_msg_worker should have a declaration that looks like

DWORD WINAPI ThreadProc(
  LPVOID lpParameter
);

where ThreadProc should be replaced with w32_msg_worker. The same for reader_thread.

Perhaps the declarations boils down to correct declarations under some circumstances, but I believe they should be changed since errors that bad declarations produce might be very hard to find. (Memory corruption etc.)

And

  DWORD w32_msg_worker ();

in w32_term.c is simply wrong.